Our 12-step program
Every roof build or repair we do is an opportunity to prove the quality of our commercial roofing. That’s why we’re committed to perfection with every project whether it is a roof replacement, roof retrofit, roof renovation, roof restoration, or a roof repair.
A typical project scenario involves 12 distinct steps:
- We perform the initial roof inspection to determine the condition of the existing roof assembly construction and conditions
- We have a discussion with the owner or owner’s representative to fully clarify needs and expectations
- We prepare a detailed, technical remedial proposal with actual fixed costs
- We hand-deliver our proposal so that we can explain every facet of the project
- As soon as we receive a purchase order, we schedule a Pre-Construction Conference to discuss logistics, staging, safety concerns, possible job-related disruptions, start date, daily working hours and any other customer questions or concerns
- We mobilize and begin construction as agreed
- We schedule weekly meetings to discuss progress, areas affected by ongoing construction and any problems
- We finish the work prior to contracted completion date
- We perform a final inspection with the owner or owner’s representative and the roofing material manufacturer prior to warranty approval
- We complete “punch list” items during the final inspection, or within five calendar days
- We obtain the roofing material manufacturer warranty and present it to the owner or owner’s representative
- We offer the owner or owner’s representative an extended maintenance agreement to ensure warranty maintenance compliance
This is the optimal scenario, and exceptions often make up the rule; as with every commercial roofing project. But when the project steps are successfully followed, the building owner can easily compare DKG’s work with the past performance of other roofing contractors.
That’s why repeat customers and referrals make up a good share of our business in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and throughout New Mexico.